¡ME ENCANTARÁ SABER TU OPINIÓN! ¡COMENTA! :-)

Translate

viernes, 14 de febrero de 2014

LUCKY ME!

Some people believe in luck. Others don't.
Well, in my case I shall admit that I have never ever believed, as my mum taught me when I was little that everyone is in charge of their own luck, so you have to work hard to get what you want because no one is going to help you.
But now I want to talk about another kind of luck. The luck that no one can manage. The one that is about accidents and destination and is out of everyones' hands.

I started believing I was lucky in this sense when I almost died in a car accident. I went with my father in the car to my grandmother's house when a brand new red car hit my father's at the back. I didn't even have time to think when I heard the strong noise of metal crashing against metal. I just realised I was flying inside my dad's car and suddently landed on the front passenger seat with my bloody head against the windscreen and my feet still stuck in the back seat. My handkerchief coloured by some splashes of my own blood. My left arm swelling and my brain receiving anonymous information of something broken inside me.

I felt so much pain that I thought I wouldn't make it, which is a thought I don't wish to anybody in the whole wild world. Not even my worst enemies. But, after all, I was still alive and could, not without an effort, manage by myself. The problem came then, when I took a hysterical look at my father to see how he was doing, and realised he was in deep shock. That poor soul couldn't even say a damn word, with his face burning as hell and those wide eyes gazing at some random point in front of us I would never be able to tell. Fortunately, and despite it did make our restless hearts skip, it was a lucky escape because we didn't die and could barely get out of it. But we did go to the hospital and stayed there a few days.
Police arrested the other driver for drink-driving, which was one of those fear doings that may happen just once in a life time. But dad has never driven again.
That was when I really started thinking that I was very lucky.


By: Cristina dlc.  STAY HUNGRY!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario